Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I a'int dead yet!

After many months, I finally have a diagnoses!  I have conversion disorder (wiki it if you want to know). But being diagnosed was only half the battle. Now, I just need to overcome it.

Last month I moved back to my Dad's house; because holding a job, when my symptoms are so unpredictable, is very difficult. I think I finally adjusted moving back, but I'm still having a hard time not using my beautiful dishes and seeing my wonderful and colorful decorations. If I had only one complaint about moving home is: EVERYTHING IS BEIGE! The plates, the walls, the furniture! Yuck. I'm a color person, the more vibrant the better. However; this solution is better than anything so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I'm currently subleasing my apartment in Salt Lake and my roommate stayed and someone else will move in. This is the perfect situation because I didn't have to move my furniture and I can move back to my apartment when I start to feel better.

Currently my day consists of scanning my Grandma's pictures and naming them. This is a project my Dad needs done, but doesn't have time to do it himself. He estimated there were around 22,000 pictures and the other day my aunt brought over more. I also have been working on 4 paintings for a wedding. They have an antique theme and I drew AND painted my very first bicycle and it actually looks like one!  You may not care, but I'm stinkin' proud of myself!

A week and a half ago I went to Arches with my good friend Michelle. It just so happened to be over her birthday weekend. While buying ice, prior to leaving Pleasant View, she mentioned it was her birthday weekend and we're going to Arches and a nice sales associate gave her a free Happy Birthday balloon. On our way to Delicate Arch, we tied the balloon to the backpack we were carrying and about 50 people wished her a Happy Birthday.  Once we got to the Arch, I had her open her present (cupcakes with candles) and as she is blowing out the candles, 15 random strangers started singing her a happy birthday! Once the song got to the "Happy Birthday dear _______" there were many different endings. My favorites consisted of "Happy Birthday dear": blonde girl, birthday girl, stranger girl, and my absolute favorite: pink shirt girl. I can't really speak for her but, if it were my birthday, it would have been the best birthday ever. Not to brag or anything, but I throw one heck of a party!

Life is certainly unexpected and I'm learning to just go with the flow instead of fighting my fate. I find it difficult that nothing is going how I planned it to go, but good things will come out of this. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". Good! My future is looking better and better then.


No comments:

Post a Comment