Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Car, Kitchen, Catastrophe!

Well now that everything in my life officially is good again, it's time for all the bad stuff to come pouring in. Let's see if this time I can handle it without a breakdown.

Monday was my second french test. I wasn't all that prepared for it but I figured I could just take it and see what happens. So I'm on 5th S and 5th E about to get on the freeway when, all-of-the-sudden my car starts smoking! Now I've told Betsy (my car) time and time again that smoking is bad for her health and can cause serious lung damage, but here she is, her temperature rising and smoke coming out of the hood. Drat you Betsy.

So I pull over and say a quick prayer that I'll make it somewhere so someone can do something about poor Betsy. I finally pull into a Jiffy Lube (about 4 blocks away) and it's smoking so much I can barely see past it. So the attendant at Jiffy Lube looks at the smoke and asks "is this why your here?" In my mind I was thinking (No captain obvious I'm here for an oil change!) but instead I just said yes and he walked me into the waiting room.

So I was there all of 2 seconds when the man came back in and explained to me that my radiator was cracked, so the coolant was leaking out. So he filled it up with more coolant and told me to just fill it with water if it does it again until I can replace the radiator...which is $150 or more.

Now every morning I diligently pour 1/2 gallon of water into Betsy and say a mighty prayer that I'll get wherever I need to safely and without incident (and so far it's doing ok). BUT! Silver lining is, I didn't have to take my french test and my teacher allows one dropped test. Yippee! Now I just have to do well on all my other test.

Now about my kitchen....there's a leak in the plumbing and it infested all of the drawers and cupboards below the sink with mold. So the landlord had someone to come and clean it (which was kind of embarrassing because my house wasn't clean and I didn't know they were coming) and he was having a hard time because there was so much mold everywhere! He took out one of the drawers and he realized that it was covered in black mold...yes black! Meaning I should have been in a hospital bed a long time ago (another amazing miracle from a very loving God).

This morning they were supposed to come and fix it (fixing the leak in the plumbing and clean all the mold) but when I got home everything was where it was at when I left it. So now I'm just waiting for that to get fixed and time (and money) to get my radiator fixed. Oh and I had to throw away my mixer, my blender, and my crock pot because the mold got in all the nooks and crannies and there would be no way for me to completely clean all of it. And seeing that I'm allergic to mold, I didn't really want to risk it.

So after all that has happened I can still see God's hand in everything. I'm so grateful that even in the most difficult of times I can still have mini miracles given to me to know that I'm loved.

Life is beautiful!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment