Tuesday, July 19, 2011

loss, love, and more life lessons!

I refound my love for swimming.

My friend Tammy and I went to the new 7 peaks that opened here in Salt Lake on Saturday. I was going to be so sun smart this time because I always get sunburned. So I applied once, twice, three times (a lady) and was so proud of myself. I get home feeling sunkissed and exhausted. So, after taking a much needed nap, I wake to find a HUGE sunburn on my back. Yes, I did apply sunscreen there, however; it was more of a *squirt* "I think I got my back" sort of thing. No, I did not get it.

I got in my first car accident.

However; this was not my car's first car accident. I was driving on South Temple heading home (east) and as I'm going through 7th east intersection (on a very green light I might add) this car (traveling west and turning left onto 7th east) decides that I must be turning right not straight (it was 11PM) and decides to turn left, right in front of me! So I hit her full on with my car and get the passenger side of her car! My car was completely totaled but, I felt so bad for her. She was 17, driving a 2000 and something Honda Civic and she gets the citation for "failure to yield". She kept apologizing over and over and I kept reassuring her that I am fine, it could be worse, and that car was about to go anyway. Poor thing. (The girl and Betsy, my cute little car). That car has been through 7 drivers in my family, countless trips to Southern Utah (and twice to Yellowstone) and many trips to and from Weber High. It was a very good car.

Right now I'm just trying to figure out the insurance and finding a way to get around. Thankfully I have an amazing ward and a very understanding Dad!

Life Lesson Learned...sometimes "our blessings come through raindrops"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad nothing too bad happened. I hope this girl learns her lesson!!!

    ReplyDelete