Sunday, April 17, 2011

To Mom:

I miss the smell of your perfume and the wrinkles on your face

I miss the way you light a room when you walked into the place

I miss the times you let me try my clumsy hand at baking

Or the way that opportunities were yours then, for the taking


I miss your hair, your eyes, your clothes, I even miss your skin

I miss the way you hugged me tight and said that I could win

I miss the times I cried to you I miss the good times too

But most of all I miss your love it always will stay true


And even though I can’t feel you or see you laugh or smile

You’re always there to cheer me on no matter what the trial

So dear mom I hope you know I’ll always miss you, yet--

I know that through the good and bad I love you, don’t forget.


(Just been thinking about her a lot lately. She was the greatest woman I know.)

2 comments:

  1. You're such a strong person, Liz. I really admire you. Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful mother and friend.

    ReplyDelete